The purpose of the consultancy is to develop draft adjustments of some of the Transnistrian normative acts to the international human rights standards.
The main job activities of the consultant will include:
1. To map the by-laws and other decisions, directives and circulars for the implementation of" 1.1 Law d/d May 17, 2016 № 126-З-VI «On approval of the State target-oriented program «Prevention of HIV/AIDS infection and sexually-transmitted infections in Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic for years 2016-2019» (CIL16-20), 1.2 State targeted program in Transnistria «Preventative care of HIV/AIDS infections and sexually-transmitted infections (STIs) in Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic on 2010-2014», approved by the Law d/d October 21, 2009 № 888-3-IV (CIL 09-43)1.3 Law d/d February 07, 1997 № 32-3 «On the prevention of the spread in Transnistria of the disease caused by the human immunodeficiency virus»; 1.4 Law d/d January 16, 1997 № 29 -3 «On the Fundamentals of Public Health Protection; 1.5 Act of the Supreme Soviet of Transnistria d/d June 12, 2015 № 3447 «On approval of the report on the implementation of the State target-oriented program «Prevention of HIV/AIDS infection and sexually-transmitted infections in Pridnestrovian Moldavian Republic for years 2010-2014» and on the efficiency of use of financial means for year 2014» (CIL 15-24)
2. Screen the EECA related legislation and the international standards and to identify the basis for local legislation adjustments
3. Develop the draft proposals or adjustments to the normative acts in accordance with the international standards
4. Conduct discussions with the UNAIDS international consultant on the drafts proposal for adjustment
5. Conduct preliminary discussions with local partners – AIDS centre, NGOs active in HIV and TB field from Transnistria and ensure the consensus on the proposals
6. Prepare the documents – informational notes for the adjustments to be provided for the further byrocratic approval process
7. Prepare the presentation for the workshop on the normative acts adjustment to be organized at the end of July 2017
Duration of work and payments conditions:
The consultant will be paid upon the presentation of the final technical report.
Short term consultancy is planned to be provided from beginning of July by the beginning of August 2017.
Consultant is required to have:
- Advanced university degree preferable in law, or human rights and other related areas;
- At least 5-years’ experience to work in the area of HIV;
- Excellent knowledge of the situation on HIV in Transnistria and multi-sectoral approach to HIV response, with experience to work in relevant areas on law and human rights;
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation and partner coordination;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken Russian; English would be an asset.
- Ability to work in timely manner and provide technical report on the scope of the work.
Candidates are encouraged to apply online by sending their CVs and commercial offer to the following email: email@example.com , or by post to the following address: 131, 31 August 1989 str, Chisinau.
The deadline for application is June 23rd, 2017, 5 p.m.Terms of reference