Short-term consultancy with the purpose to coordinate the data collection for HIV Stigma Index on the Right bank of Nistru River.
Scope of work:
The main job activities of national consultant will include:
- To select the implementation team for each of data collection sites (5 data collection sites) on the Right bank of Nistru River based on the study protocol requirements and taking into account the recommended division of labor and responsibilities. All interviewers should be PLHIV as a must. Other study implementation staff is recommended to be selected from PLHIV or affected by HIV. The entire selection process should be undertaken in partnership with NGOs working with PLHIV.
- To oversee the content and quality of trainings provided to the implementation teams and participate in the assessment of knowledge at the end of the training.
- To coordinate the logistics for proper functionality of the data collection sites (5 data collection sites) on the Right bank of Nistru River based on the study protocol requirements during the entire data collection period.
- To provide ongoing technical assistance to the implementation teams.
- To provide with incentives the study participants according to the protocol provisions (1 incentive per 1 unique fully completed interview). The planned sample size should not exceed 500 unique participants.
- To ensure proper application of the study methodology presented in the study protocol and other recommendations provided by UNAIDS CO.
- To conduct regular supervision visits to the data collection sites on the Right Bank of Nistru River, and on request to the data collection sites located on the Left Bank of Nistru River.
- To provide UNAIDS CO with periodical report s (once per week) on the implementation progress on both banks of Nistru River.
- To facilitate the communication and coordination with interviewers, other coordinators, NGOs involved in the process, UNAIDS office and other stakeholders.
- To technically support the Left Bank coordinator of data collection during the entire period of data collection.
- Undertake any other miscellaneous tasks to facilitate the study implementation.
Consultant is required to have:
- Advanced university degree preferable in public health, sociology and other related areas;
- At least 5-years’ experience to work in the area of HIV;
- At least 3-years’ experience in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E);
- Demonstrated experience in implementation and coordination of populational studies related to HIV, targeting PLHIV is a strong asset;
- Excellent knowledge of the situation on HIV in the country and multi-sectoral approach to HIV response, with experience to work in public health and relevant areas on management, planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Demonstrated experience in facilitation, partner coordination and research expertise, especially on HIV/AIDS;
- Excellent analytical and communication skills;
- Fluency in written and spoken Romanian and Russian;
- Ability to work in timely manner and provide technical report on the scope of the work.
Candidates are encouraged to apply online by sending their CVs and commercial offer to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org , or by post to the following address: 131, 31 August 1989 str, Chisinau.
The deadline for application is March 17th, 2017, 5 p.m.Terms of references